Surprise! Well, probably not, since apparently the Spriting Bug is going around and I was going to get around to it eventually. What started as a personal project to fix a few agent-related pet peeves turned into "Hey, this is pretty easy, let's do some Creatures!" I've had a few concepts on my list for awhile but none of them had any appeal at all. After some looking around at the various sprite breeds out there this popped into my head: The grendels, ettins, and non-norn geats are seriously outnumbered. Norns! Norns everywhere!
And even among those fuzzballs I can see why more than just a few people are irked about them, myself included. Don't get me wrong, I like norns, but I also like variation in my other creatures and having norns taking over the majority of the other sprite slots just doesn't do it for me. Sure slot conversion is an option but it's not quite as appealing as adding to the pool of visually interesting breeds.
I can only hope that the sprite breeds that I started on as immediately as they came to mind will turn out above my own expectations!
"But wait, Mioonktoo, what are they?" You may ask. Well, I am pleased to answer that they are both most definitely grendel. The main inspiration behind these two are cold climates, most especially the snowy metarooms both in development and out. As soon as I find where my youngest sibling hid the camera again I will be able to show the initial sketches. (I don't work on computer paper because it just isn't big enough for me, and there's no affordable services or scanner bed large enough for the paper I work on, so a good digital camera is the next best thing!) Honestly, I have no story planned for any of my breeds so once I have something show for them just about anyone is free to have at it. On the genetics end I am unsure of what I want to do with them and will figure it out on the way. Grendel fans are free to chip in with suggestions on genetics before I finally go asking around. The full list of breed ideas can be found on the Projects page under C3/DS.
I believe that is about enough from me. After all those template sprite sheets just aren't going to finish preparing themselves no matter how much I wish they would.
No comments:
Post a Comment