Thursday, December 27, 2012

Time Enough for a Post

Which-ever you all believe in, I hope you all had a very wonderful holiday. My only wish on what could have been different about mine was that the two little gremlins that I'm related to would learn to save their candy instead of eating it all at once! Of course, not battling a monster of a migraine and having more of an appetite would have been great too but I guess we can't win them all. At the very least I should now be a bit less busy and more able to get back to my dear little creatures. Well, unless I just happen to be running a game back at my usual haunting grounds. Besides my partner in crime dropping the entire collection of D&D-related PC games in my lap as a birthday present, it is the other part of my silence. For the meantime I have done about as much as I can do on the development end for the room that I now moderate and cannot make any further progress until the rest of the group chips in.




Talking about those balls of digital fluff, I'm sure that Group 4 would be delighted to see their haphazard hand again. Or so I would very much like to think. The last time I left them I remember being absolutely determined to fix poor Biscuit's head no matter how long it took me to accomplish it. To refresh one's memory, Biscuit was briefly mentioned in this post and is the Bondi/Chichi hybrid with the floating C1 grendel head pictured somewhere near the end. His head is not reattached to his shoulders yet, but thanks to a little borrowing and editing he no longer has gaps appearing where they shouldn't be. Nor would the female descendants, should they ever inherit the trait. Aside from the very obvious oddity he is a happy and very healthy norn and I can't wait to see if any of the eggs are his. (Being a person who loves surprises I've been doing a very good job so far with keeping myself from taking a peek at all the genomes.) Even though I have a copy of his genome safely tucked away I will be a very sad keeper when his time is up.

Oh gracious, speaking of death has anyone ever have -this- particular thing happen to them:

As far as I know no modifications had ever been made to the death scripts, especially at the time of the screen capture! I was merely moving him to where there were plenty of seeds (Once I found who it was that was triggering the sad music) when he passed on. Strangely enough the game didn't crash at the event and I was able to set the little guy down in a more suitable resting place, as tempted as I was to hold him until the Sparkle Reaper (Look to Bearthing in the CC forums for that one.) came to collect. A lucky glitch, I guess, but I can't help but wonder how that happened or if I could duplicate it for further research.

No comments: