Goodness it has been hot this past week, so much that even most of my mental functions were pretty much shot the moment I wake up in the morning. A house with no air conditioning past opening every screened window and door and a handful of strategically placed box fans can do that to a person. Or in this case, an entire household. But never fear, in the substantially cooler evenings I have been a busy little lurker, but never too busy to forget that I have a blog to write! To be honest I had a difficult time deciding what I was going to write next. (Or figure out how to do for that matter.) So I did what I do best besides over-eagerly jumping into things bass-ackwards and way over my head; I procrastinated. And what better way to do so by continuing with one of the haphazard breeding programs I had been conducting in Docking Station. In the midst of naming and recording the hatchlings of the new generation, it hit me.
An "About Me," and in a different post, a challenge that had suddenly appeared at that exact moment. Just a warning before you decide to read more, I have the tendency to rant and ramble. Don't worry, I promise to try to keep it out of the sciency posts.
Now, about this little ol' lurker. If I had to explain myself in one word it would have to be this: Human.
Probably something that is most shocking at first, I would understand that you the reader would probably need a few moments to shake that off before you tried thinking and reading more. "Human" is perhaps the most difficult thing to define as a person's mileage of the word most definitely varies. To me we are a complex lot. Everything about us; our ideologies, our individual personalities, our personal strengths and shortcomings, our cultures, mesh and conflict on a whim. Look all the written texts still floating around our world if you don't believe me. Or just take a really long good look into your own back yard.
It may already be too late but anything further than human would come at the risk of sounding like the current hate fad of the internet: Hipster. Which I could probably blend into as easily as I could somehow blend into a group of 16 year olds. Well, there is likely no somehow about it as the mainstream society still seems to think that "Goth" is not only very narrowly focused on fashion, music, and literature, but also has an expiration date. It most certainly does not on all counts, even The Lady of The Manners says so!
Yes, yes, while that does seem like a very good explanation for the background and overall color scheme of this blog that is only partially; the other part is that it's easier on my eyes and hopefully easier on everyone else's as well. If not, well, at least I made an honest first effort. It is hit or miss effort much like the pages that I have designed and coded for fellow online roleplayers; only that the subject is myself and something that there is a community for!
You did read that last line right ladies and gentleman. I roleplay, code -and- design webpages. I also happen to like reading, writing, painting, sculpting, origami, photography, knitting, crocheting, sewing, baking, gardening, building, and so on and so fourth. Learning something new seeing new sights are pretty big ones, I am a sagittarius after all. Sort of makes me sound like a kooky nerd but whether you are of the judgmental crowd or not I'm darn proud of it. Though I may not be the best in everything that I get my hands into I happen to enjoy those activities more than sitting around in a noisy club, where I'm more likely to injure others or at the very worst bring down the entire building with my inability to dance. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music and I enjoy watching waltzes and such, but I'm one of those folks with two left feet and clumsier than a socially-inept bull on roller skates in a fine china shop.
But what about the roleplaying? Well, I don't LARP. The only thing about LARPing has appeal to me crafting the costumes and playing with make-up, but beyond that it is just not my thing. I more fond of the table-top types like Dungeons & Dragons and its relatives. Math may not be my strongest suit but I have fun with them regardless. Once I get past the initial painful shyness around in the flesh and not on the internet complete strangers anyway. One will find me more often roleplaying online than off it, but you won't find me doing it at a fansite for certain popular video games, tv shows, and books. Such rabid, obsessive, and excessive kind of fandom is just not my kind of tea. Before any site suggestions start popping up I would like to state that I have a site that I like to roleplay at, and I have been there since my thirteenth summer. I'm very determined to stay until its very end or I've gotten perma-banned; whichever happens to come first!
In fact, before my pc kicked the bucket I would balance between that site and Creatures. A power surge did a number on the poor thing, taking out not only my hard-drive but various other important parts like the motherboard. Five years with no computer of my own and unfulfilled promises to help me fix it was not fun, but ended when a roommate offered to help me remedy that problem. Sadly by that time I had lost all of my Creatures discs in the process of moving around and the only thing I could play was Docking Station, which I had managed to secure an account for before yet another problem emerged: Physical hard-drive failure. Since then I have been doing all my work, research, and play on a laptop, but with the accidental discovery of Good Old Games and an awesome sweetheart I have my beloved series back. And I'm back to balancing it and roleplay once again.
Only this time I'm finally coming out of Lurkspace to contribute to the Creatures Community in any way that I can. Now, if only I didn't have the tendency to say something stupid the first time I opened my metaphorical mouth. And where was this first time? The Fishing Cactus blog, this particular blog post. Go on ahead and go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the old comments there. You'll find me eventually. I haven't spoken up there or even looked back again; especially since the first time I looked I about had a heart attack at having been responded to. You see, in any place that I post or haunt I don't often get any sort of attention by anyone important unless I land myself in deep trouble for something that I didn't even know about. And, well, I was afraid that even more stupid will start pouring out if I did! If you've read my post there and know your COBs, you'll know where I got the number 16 from! I honestly don't know how in the world that number stuck there instead of 80-odd one...
Remember folks, the word of the post, is "Human."
2 comments:
Hey Miooktoo, you seem really nice and cool. I love the white roses on your Blog - it's so pretty and you're right, it is easy on the eyes. Almost soothing compared to the usual white glare with black letters! Also, I'm glad to meet a fellow role player. I love online role playing and am on a couple of sites myself. I've got replies to post at the moment actually. Ahaha! Always bite off more than I can chew. But anyway, glad to see such an interesting Blog beginning to blossom. I'm sure I'll continue to read it from here on out! (P.S. Thanks a bunch for linking my little thingy to your site. I'm very honoured). ~SpringRain
Welcome to the wonderful world of Creatures blogging! I'm excited to find another one: It's always interesting to see how different people enjoy the games differently. I've also learned so much from reading many blog posts over the past year. I'm sure I'll be picking up a thing or two from your writing, too! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment